Andalucia Property Finders – locating your property in Andalucía
The Property Finders, working exclusively for you, the property buyer, can be the most effective way to find your property in Andalucía. Just about everyone today starts their property search on the internet and it is all too easy to be seduced by pretty images, concentrating on properties rather than locations. Buyers often think they have found their dream property only to discover it is located next to an industrial zone or facing a noisy highway when they go to view it. That’s a big waste of both time and money. So location should always come first, even more so if you are out of your comfort zone and buying at long distance in an area you don’t know in-depth. The Property Finders, specialist Andalucia Property Finders, can make a difference in lots of ways:
- The Property Finders extensive territories allow us to compare locations across an entire region, guiding you to the one that is right for your requirements. We really listen to what you tell us and ask lots of questions to build up a very detailed brief. Our in-depth local knowledge often means we will suggest possible locations that you have not thought about.
- We tell it like it is, pointing out negatives as well as positives. If we know a particular location has a problem we will tell you about it. We don’t disguise road noise by showing a property at the weekend. We won’t disguise the lack of afternoon sun by arranging the viewing in the morning. Selling agents do that, we don’t. It is our business to alert you to road and rail projects, future developments or changes to planning regulations, anything that could adversely affect your property purchase.
- We defend your interests. We are buyers’ agents, your agents, so we will act in your favour all the time. On the contrary, real estate agents act in the seller’s interest and they will recommend properties that may not be the best for you. They are only concerned with selling in their area, other locations don’t interest them. We never recommend a property that we would not buy for ourselves.
- We are very experienced negotiators. Thanks to our knowledge of the market we can normally achieve a substantial discount, often saving our clients many times the cost of our fee.
- The Property Finders can locate and help you buy any type of property in Andalucía; on the coasts, in the cities and in the interior. If it’s there, we will find it.
Andalucía is the largest autonomous region in Spain, about 87,000 square kilometres in total with 900kms of Mediterranean and Atlantic coastline. On the Mediterranean side the 150 kms of the Costa del Sol have more golf courses than any other single region in Europe. The Atlantic coastline of the Costa de la Luz has stunning beaches and at Tarifa, one the world’s top wind and kite surfing destinations. But Andalucía is not just about beach and golf. Several of Europe’s finest cities are Andalucían provincial capitals, including Seville, Córdoba and Granada, the locations of UNESCO World Heritage sites, the Alcázar, the Great Mosque and the Alhambra respectively. Málaga city itself, so often bypassed by most of the 15 million tourists who fly into the airport annually, has undergone a transformation in recent years and could be an interesting option for the property buyer who wants the buzz of a city. For more background check out my comments in an article in The Sunday Times which focused on Málaga and what it has to offer.
Some of the highest peaks in Europe are in the Sierra Nevada near Granada. Across the region there are opportunities for activities such as mountain biking, hiking, rock-climbing, horse riding and road cycling and the best climate on the European mainland in which to enjoy them. And Andalucía’s location at the crossroads between Europe and Africa makes it one of the most important regions in the world for bird migration and is a bird-watcher’s paradise.
But it is the sheer size of the region and the diversity of climate and terrain that can make finding the right property in Andalucía something of a challenge. That’s where The Property Finders can make all the difference. Some of the factors that should be considered carefully when choosing the location that is right for you are:
Climate: Throughout the region the long summers are hot and dry but in winter conditions can vary from very mild on the coast to freezing and snowy mountains inland. For example, the ski resort near Granada is often one of the first in Europe to open for the season so that should be a good clue to the severity of the winter climate in the part of Andalucía influenced by the Sierra Nevada. There can be as much as 6 degrees Celsius (10 degrees Fahrenheit) difference in daytime temperatures between the Mediterranean and Atlantic coasts in winter. So if you intend spending some of the winter months in Andalucía you need to choose your location and property with care. Too many people buy a property in July only to find that the winter climate is not what they were expecting. However, there are micro-climates within the region that give this part of Spain the best climate on the mainland of Europe and The Property Finders give you the facts you need to make an informed choice so you can be sure that your search for property in Andalucía will result in a purchase that is right for you
Infrastructure: In the 35 years since Spain joined the E.U. Andaluca has gone from being one of the poorest regions, not just in Spain but in the whole of Europe, to one of the most improved in terms of infrastructure, particularly the road and rail networks.
- Roads: getting around Andalucía is a dream and without doubt upgraded roads have contributed to an expanded property market. With better access new areas open up and prices rise. With the exception of just one stretch, between Algeciras – Vejer, the whole coast is a motorway and the busiest portion between Málaga and Sotogrande has two, offering a choice of toll or free. Inland, motorways between Seville and Granada, Málaga and Córdoba, and Algeciras and Jerez have reduced journeys that used to take half a day to a couple of hours or less. Málaga now has two ring roads and there is a second motorway up to Antequera, this one a toll road. The clever overhead illuminated signs tell motorists that they save enough fuel on the shorter journey to more than pay the charge. However, although there is hardly a road in Andalucía that hasn’t been upgraded to some extent, the recession and subsequent lack of funding has brought some projects to a standstill, in several cases with very little work remaining. So some crucial secondary roads are unfinished and without an indication of when completion might be.
- Rail: Spain has become a world leader in high-speed railways and, with the exception of China, has constructed more high-speed kilometres in recent years than any other country. AVE services link Málaga, Seville, Córdoba and Antequera with Madrid and Barcelona and the extension to Granada is scheduled to open in 2017. There is a Málaga – Barcelona service that does not required a train change in Madrid and since December 2013 Barcelona to Paris is also without a train change making it possible to travel between London and Málaga on high speed trains for the whole journey, only needing to change trains in Paris and Barcelona. The AVE services are not expensive, extremely punctual and offer luxurious customer service. Refunds are offered if you are even a few minutes late.
- Airports: Málaga is Spain’s fifth busiest airport and its new second runway means that delays are rare, even in the busiest summer months. It is a Ryanair hub serving around 50 destinations in Europe and North Africa and after British Airways restarted their London Heathrow service in March 2014 it is one of the few cities in the world with flights to all five London Airports. Delta Airlines operate a daily non-stop JFK – Málaga service in summer months and the daily service to Istanbul connects Málaga with the Middle and Far East. In addition, Andalucía has four excellent regional airports, Seville, Jerez, Granada and Almería all with year-round flights to the main European cities.
With so many different factors to consider it’s not surprising that lots of people find it difficult to know where to start but there are locations that combine the best of climate, infrastructure and access and these are, of course, the prime locations of the region. The recession and subsequent upheavals in the property market make it even more important to identify these locations so you don’t repeat the mistake made by so many in the boom years of buying in secondary locations doomed to spend years in the doldrums. The Property Finders are property search specialists in Andalucía, experienced in quickly and efficiently finding property – whatever property you want we can find it so contact us to find out how much time and money we can save you.
For more information on locations, property market analysis and predictions for 2017 click here. Good rental potential is often one of the key requirements that clients ask us to consider when we are starting a property search so click here to see examples of properties The Property Finders found for clients, either as rental investments or with potential for occasional rentals when they are away. If renting your property out is not for you but you’d prefer not to leave it empty when you are away then we can recommend HouseSitMatch as an alternative.
Click on any of the images to the side to see larger versions and find out where they are.
To find property in Andalucía please contact:
Tel: +44 (0)1908 218753
Mob: +44 (0)7714219091